Mental Health in the Australian Workplace Conference
Exploring current trends, best practice and future opportunities for Australian organisations
The increasing prevalence of mental health issues throughout Australia’s adult population has heightened the need for Australian organisations to refocus on their duty of care to all employees. The 2016 Mental Health in the Australian Workplace Conference provides a unique and timely forum for organisations to explore current best practice examples and future innovations in identifying and managing a range of mental health issues.
ABS statistics show that one in five Australian adults will experience a mental illness in any given year. Accordingly, mental illness is a major and often under-appreciated issue for Australian employees and their organisations. Research indicates that job stress and other work-related psychosocial hazards are emerging as the leading contributors to the burden of occupational disease and injury.
The 2016 Mental Health in the Australian Workplace Conference will provide an important forum for Australian employers to explore current insights and strategies to support mental health within their organisations. In addition to hearing from a range of mental health experts, conference delegates will be exposed to strategies and insights from some of Australia’s best performing organisations in the mental health arena.
- Facing the challenge - Australian organisation discuss their case studies
- Changing culture, changing outcomes and positive inclusion
- Managing workplace bullying and harassment: Your responsibilities and considerations
- Is your workplace good for your employees mental health?
- Future leaders in mental health talk about the future of mentally healthy workplaces
- Mental health in the workplace – A case study
- Getting to know anxiety and understanding the early signs
- Case Studies from organisations across many sectors
- Performance, productivity and engagement
The 2016 Mental Health in the Australian Workplace Conference represents a critical platform for all Australian organisations to explore their duty of care to their employees. As such, a wide range of human resources practitioners and professionals within the workplace health arena will be in attendance. Conference presentations will be appropriate for organisations across the public, private and not-for-profit sectors.
A wide range of mental health experts, as well as representatives from some of Australia’s best performing organisations in the mental health arena will present insights and strategies that they have used to support mental health within their organisations.
To view the current line-up of participating speakers, please click here to visit the conference website.